Scintilla Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Scintilla Academy

Scintilla Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Scintilla Academy. We hope you enjoy your stay, make new friends, and become a better duelist. Make sure to get a tester for yourself and join the chat and/or make an intro before anything else. And most of all, we hope you have fun~

Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary

Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary Empty Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:42 pm

This is an article to explain the terms used in Yu-Gi-Oh! Some basic some advanced. I'll update if you guys have some I need to include.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Activation

Activating a card: Placing a Card from the hand on the Field and asking for a response.

Activating an effect: Selecting a card already in play or banished or in the grave and activating it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Chain

Chain: To activate a card in succession to another Card or Effect Activating. Happens after the opponent asks for a response.

Resolve

Resolve: Neither players could or want to respond to the last card in play and the Effect listed occurs

Sending

Discard, Destroy, and Mill are forms of "Send" to the Graveyard

Send to the Graveyard is not a form of Tribute, Discard, Destroy, or Mill to the Graveyard

Special Summoning

Synchro, Fusion, Ritual, and Xyz Summons are Forms of Special Summon

But a Special Summon is not a Synchro, Fusion, Ritual, or Xyz Summon

Summons

Normal Summon ≠ Flip Summon

A Flip Summon is a form of a FLIP, but a FLIP is not a form of a Flip Summon

Summon ≠ FLIP (Flipped Face-up)

Target

Targeting: Happens after activation of an effect or card, but before asking a response. Select a Target whether it is from Field or Graveyard or Banish

"SEGOC"

Simultaneous Effect Goes On Chain : The order in which 2 or more Trigger Effects activate at the same time.

Thats just a little sample, my explaining sucks a bit I know, but tell me is this useful? Especially to new players or those who are confused with the wording on cards?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am